How can I get my football prepped?
Please place an order on our Prep Services page: https://gridironfootballprep.com/products/prep-services
We offer three different levels of prep - Basic, Standard and Advanced. Once your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions of where to ship your football. After we receive the football, we will ship it back out in 10-14 business days (this can be up to 3 weeks during peak season). You will receive another email with tracking information once it ships.
What if I need my football back quickly?
Please order our Expedited Service along with your football prep. This will ensure your football ships back to you within 5 days after we receive it. You can purchase this option here: https://gridironfootballprep.com/products/expedited-service-get-your-football-back-sooner
What is the difference between the 3 prep levels?
Basic prep does not include the mud step. It only includes our pre-mud conditioning process. Once you receive your football back, you can apply mud, brush it, then it's ready to go. This level is best if you are either familiar with the prep process and want to mud it yourself or for more entry-level teams and leagues that are looking for a lower cost option.
Standard prep is our most popular level. It does include the mud step and the ball will be shipped back ready to use. This prep level is good for high schools, 7v7 leagues and lower level colleges. It is also best for mild to hot weather climates.
Advanced prep is our most involved prep process. It includes another step in the process that gets the football ready for inclement weather conditions. This level is best for avid players/teams/organizations and collegiate/pro teams.
Can I order a football directly from a retailer (Dick's, Amazon, etc.) and have it shipped directly to you?
Absolutely! After you place your order for prep services you will receive a confirmation email with our shipping address. Please order your footballs at your desired retailer and use our address as the ship-to. If you have any questions, please reach out to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you sell footballs already prepped?
No - we provide prep services only for footballs sent to us.
What if I am a team/league with multiple footballs that I would like prepped?
We have special team pricing available for orders of 12 or more footballs - please send us an email at email@example.com or send us a note via our "contact us" page: https://gridironfootballprep.com/pages/contact-us
How can I maintain my football throughout the season after it has been prepped?
The best way to maintain the prep/tackiness of your football is to brush it regularly with a football brush. Brushing the leather, particularly in small, circular motions, helps bring the tack back to the surface of the leather and removes any dust/dirt that is sitting on the football. Additionally, you can apply a light layer of our football tack conditioner to re-hydrate the leather every few months. You can purchase the tack conditioner here: https://gridironfootballprep.com/products/gridiron-equipment-football-tack-conditioner
If I want to prep my own football from start to finish, what should I use and what instructions to do I follow?
Start with lightly brushing your football then applying the Gridiron Equipment leather balm. Next use our football mud, finishing with the football tack conditioner. Instructions are as follows:
Start with leather balm:
- Uncap stick and apply balm to football panels in even, smooth strokes
- Using a brush, blend in balm until leather appears darker
- Apply light heat until wax is absorbed into leather
- Allow to sit for 30min – 1 hr
Next, use the football mud blend:
- Wear gloves while using mud
- Before each use add about a tablespoon of water and mix thoroughly (some separation is normal so be sure to mix very well)
- After using leather balm and allowing it to dry, apply a thin, even layer of mud to each panel of the football
- Allow mud to dry completely, at least 3-4 hours
- Using a stiff bristle brush, remove the dried mud completely from the football by brushing in short, quick strokes
Finish with the football tack conditioner:
- After using Gridiron Equipment™ leather balm and football mud and all dried mud has been removed, apply a small, quarter-sized amount of tack conditioner on a dry rag or cloth
- Using the rag, smoothly apply the tack conditioner to each panel of the football
- If needed, reapply tack conditioner to your rag to ensure each panel is evenly coated
- Allow to dry for 30 minutes
To purchase the balm/mud kit: https://gridironfootballprep.com/products/football-mud-and-leather-balm-kit
To purchase the football tack conditioner: https://gridironfootballprep.com/products/gridiron-equipment-football-tack-conditioner